Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:05:38 -0600
From:      Mark.Einreinhof@hurlburt.af.mil
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Crystal Sound Kernel compile

Hi,

I'm trying to get sound compiled into my kernel. Reading the FAQs, LINT,
mail archives, and sound.doc, I'm left confused but still trying. My machine
is a celeron 366, with a Crystal CS4280 on the motherboard. I'm running
FreeBSD 3.3. I copied the line that is in LINT into my kernel and I get the
following errors:

cs4232.o: In function `attach_cs4232':
cs4232.o(.text+0x1ca): undefined reference to `probe_mpu401'
cs4232.o(.text+0x1e5): undefined reference to `attach_mpu401'
*** Error code 1

Stop

Any thoughts? I've even tried that device pcm, but that had tons of errors.

Please also send replies to me as I am not on the mail list for about the
next two months.

Thanks.