Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 18:48:56 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Arcnet driver for FreeBSD

Max Khon scribbled this message on May 7:
> hi, there!
>
> I have ported NetBSD/amiga arcnet driver to FreeBSD.
> The drivers supports SMC90c26, SMC90c56 and SMC90c66 (in '56 comp. mode)
> arcnet ISA cards. Both RFC1201 and RFC1051 (untested) protocols are
> supported.

hmm... I have a coupld Puredata arcnet cards... they are Novell RX
compatible, would I have to port a driver over to get them to work?

> The driver is known to be compatible with Linux arcnet driver.
> (I have ~180-190K/s via ftp between Linux and FreeBSD)
>
> This work also includes generic ARP support.
> Is it possible to merge this stuff in? This should help
> FreeBSD Token Ring project a lot.
>
> http://iclub.nsu.ru/~fjoe for details

cool... :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson