Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:57:28 -0000
From:      Tim Greening-Jackson <timgreeningjackson@gmail.com>
To:        "'Andrew L. Gould'" <algould@datawok.com>, "'Nikolas Britton'" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, speedydemon@shadowdev.org, 'bor' <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>, 'Frank Laszlo' <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>, KövesdánGá@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Flash Petition (Was Re: FreeBSD as a Desktop Article)

Frank
> Laszlo; K=F6vesd=E1n G=E1@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Flash Petition (Was Re: FreeBSD as a Desktop Article)
>=20
> How about a campaign where every time a FreeBSD user comes across a
> Flash website, he/she sends the webmaster an email stating that we
> can't see their content because Flash is not available for FreeBSD?  I
> wonder if we could generate a noticeable volume.

Well, I suppose if you wanted to be super-sneaky/smart, it's fairly easy =
write a web-crawler that would recurse its way through the whole =
interweb
thing noting those sites with flash and then automatically mailing the
webmaster. You could do it in about 10 lines of Python (note I am NOT
offering to do this - it's merely a suggestion).