Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 22:00:28 +0000 ()
From:      Tim Pushor <timp@orion.ab.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape, Java, and X

Would anybody have any Idea at all why Netscape would run java applets
fine on my (old) X11R4 X-Terminal using Netscape 3.0R, but as soon as I
attempt to use an XFree86 X server it does not work, or display any error
messages?

My system is a Toshiba laptop, and I was trying to get it to work on it,
but failing that, I attempted just using this as an (expensive) X
terminal by doing an X -query <myothermachinethatnescapeworkson>. No go.
Everything else works OK.

I am using XFree86 V3.12G (yea its beta)

Tim
---
Tim Pushor, Senior Systems Engineer | Phone: (403) 284-0042
Orion Technologies Inc.             | FAX:   (403) 284-9495
timp@orion.ab.ca                    | http://www.orion.ab.ca