Date:      Thu, 08 Nov 2007 14:06:04 -0500
From:      kurt@drop62.org
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   newbie install

I was looking under your documentation section for newbies and saw nothing as far as a quick setup, install and configure of FreeBSD. I saw many articles on different aspects of FreeBSD but none on what I needed. I'm in the process of writing my own newbie setup including base install, kernel configuration, wireless setup, basic must have programs and how to install,  cvsup, etc. I know everything is in the handbook, I have re-read it many times. The thing is I want a new user to be able to look at this newbie doc and follow lego style instructions to get a system up in no time. :) I want it to be short and simple. If they want in-depth they can look at the handbook. What I am trying to do is make it easier for people to install and setup this OS so they don't get frustrated and quit, like I had done in the past. Please email me back asap if you are interested in reviewing and possibly posting my newbie guide. -Kurt