Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:59:07 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Steven <darkstar@aei.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation Guide...

On Thu, Mar 19, 1998 at 01:41:17AM -0500, Steven wrote:
> Ok I am currently writing a big tutorial on FreeBSD...
> (I just started two days ago)
>
> I am just at the part of the installation is there any thing that in
> particular you guys would like to see in it?
>
> It is going to be a step by step (I mean every step will be covered)

Steve, that sounds great but you probably don't realise that there's a
tremendous amount of effort being put into the FreeBSD documentation
project. One of the important things they're trying to do is ensure that
everything is done according to some sort of plan and efforts are not
duplicated or misdirected.

You really should write to the people at freebsd-doc@freebsd.org and find
out where they're up to and how you might be able to contribute. It could
save you a fair bit of work too.

> Your input now would be a nice thing...

That's what they say too but we've only had our own little comfy corner for
"coming out" as newbies for _one_hour_. There's nowhere else on this damn
planet where we can be alone.

Certainly feel free to sit back and watch if you like, but I'll be letting
the documentation team know of anything that people here are screaming for,
don't you worry. There's nothing any of us would like more than to have some
input into how the documentation project addresses our needs.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more