Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:14:37 -0800
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, Kostik Belousov <kib@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9-STABLE -> NFS -> NetAPP:

On 2013-02-13, at 14:50 , Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> He does get the odd error reported by nfs_getpages() and I don't
> think we've isolated why yet. The error is 13 (EACCES), but jhb@
> thought it might be because of the bug he fixed where the krpc
> reported EACCES for the EINTR case. I don't think we've heard
> back from Marc w.r.t. whether he has gotten any more of these
> erros logged since applying jhb@'s patch and whether or not
> the errno has changed to EINTR?

As mentioned previously, it doesn't happen all that often =85 this =
latest one was after 21 days of uptime (or so) =85 I just upgraded the =
kernel on that machine to take into consideration changes to hfs *since* =
the last upgrade, so it might be another 20-30 days before it happens =
again *if* that last patch didn't' fix it =85

I have several servers that do have fully operational remote consoles =
though =85 to save time if/when it happens next, what do I all need to =
run?

ps auxlH
procstat -kk <pid> (for which process? =85 all part of that "group", or =
just one of the apparently hung processes?)
sysctl debug.kdb.break_to_debugger=3D1 (shell)

now, is there a way of forcing it to do a dump core so that I can run =
the various commands from a shell *after* its rebooted?   Not =
particularly easy to redirect console output to a file (or is it?), so =
anything that scrolls off the screen is pretty much lost =85 I'm using a =
DRAC card in most cases, no serial consoles or anything like that that I =
can run within a script session =85 a 'ps' listing is >500 lines long, =
just to give an idea ...