Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:26:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Jeffery Soule <jsoule@webcrossing.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewalls

For general poop on ipfw, look at

http://www.freebsddiary.org
http://www.freebsdrocks.com
http://www.freebsd.org

Also, a stock script for a firewall can be found in
/etc/rc.firewall.

The next entry can help with scripts, but you'll have to
translate between ipchains commands on Linux and ipfw on
FreeBSD.  There is a one2one correspondence between the
commands that is fairly obvious, once you get the hang of
ipfw.

http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com

Some people are advocating ipfilter because of some recent
denial of service attacks.  The following is a HOW-TO for
ipfilter.

http://www.free-x.ch/pub/ipf-conf-en.html

The "official" home page is

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/ipfilter/

*Gene Harris      http://www.tetronsoftware.com*
*FreeBSD Novice                                *
*All ORBS.org SMTP connections are denied!     *