Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 22:01:15 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

At 08:32 PM 10/2/98 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>> I like you, am convinced that there is an economic issue that is holding
>> FreeBSD back in the market place.
>
>Care to be any more vague in your assertions?

Now, Jordan, THERE's a logical argument that's going to lead to productive
discourse.

Not. :-(

Frank and I are not the only people who perceive that FreeBSD is plagued by a
lack of investment in marketing. Walnut Creek doesn't seem willing to
make that investment.

Now, what would you have us do? Sit back and let FreeBSD lose out to Linux?
Break away from Walnut Creek by publishing another version, thereby fragmenting
the market and, possibly, development efforts? Neither is a better alternative
than getting Walnut Creek off its duff, but the latter may be necessary if we
don't see things change soon.

--Brett