Date:      15 Jun 2001 16:58:17 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, "Rahul Siddharthan" <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mundie, Perens, GPL, BSD etc again

Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be> writes:
> 	Ahh, but why are you doing it?  Is it because you want to be
> different, or perceived as different, or is it because you're fat and
> wearing all black makes you look a little thinner?  I know what my
> answer is, so what's yours?

I started wearing black because I thought it looked cool; now I do it
because it lets me wear conservative clothes (slacks and a button-up
shirt) without projecting a conservative image.  I cut my hair very
short because it saves me time, money and effort; I bought a titanium
watch because it's more comfortable and tasteful than plastic, yet
lighter and more discreet than steel or gold; and I bought Killer Loop
shades because I needed wraparounds for rollerblading but wouldn't be
caught dead wearing Oakleys.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org