Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:18:35 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What exactly does this mean? (ld: size of symbol changed)

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 04:12:23PM -0400, James Housley wrote:
> My guess is that you (or someone) have redefined the function warn().

Good guess, but no cigar :-)

warn is defined once in libc, and once in errwarn.c.  This is OK
normally, but I've screwed up something in the build.

> errwarn.c is dhclient.  Are you compiling dhclient from
> /usr/src/contrib/isc-dhcp instead of /usr/src/sbin/dhclient?  The second
> is the correct locaion.

src/sbin/dhclient as I mentioned in my first message.

Could `CFLAGS+= -I${.OBJDIR}' in src/lib/libc/net/Makefile.inc cause me
to lose in this fashion?  If so, how else might I get to a generated file
(i.e. header output from yacc)?

Thanks,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org