Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:19:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Committing a driver to -stable

Hi all,

as far as I know new stuff should be first committed to -current and, if
it turns out stable enough, MFCed to -stable. I would like to commit a
driver to -stable that will not be in -current. The driver is for ProSum's
ProATM card. I have recently committed a full busdma driver to current
(patm(4)), that I hesitate to backport to -stable because it requires ATM
infrastructure that we don't have in stable. On the other hand there is a
-stable driver for this card from ProSum (www.prosum.fr) that is reported
to be very stable under -stable :-), that several people use and that I
would like to commit. So, can I do this?

harti
--
harti brandt,
http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private