Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:09:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] double-ending SCSI RESET problem

In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.980701191003.1849A-100000@misery.sdf.com> you wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, swjeong wrote:
>

>>   After machine A boot, I booted machine B.
>>   In the middle of kernel-autoconfiguration-stage,
>>   many 'Someone reset channel A' messages occurs on machine A.
>>   Then A panics, if with luck, A remains alive.
>
>   Yes, because there is no support for multiple hosts on the same bus.
> Host B resets the bus, interupting stuff that host A is doing.
>
> Tom

This is not true.  The aic7xxx driver and CAM are supposed to be
able to handle spurious resets.  Satoshi had a setup like this
running for some time with success using the -stable driver, but
I must have broken something in the CAM version of the driver.

Exact error messages will help me track this down.

--
Justin