Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:52:09 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: compaq presario 2200 problems

Hi,

    Here it comes something very simple, but its the beggining, if your
system its able to boot from H.D. the DOS or Windows OS, without any
problem, you should be able to boot FreeBSD without making any change to the
BIOS, maybe some changes could be needed for hardware recognition, but not
for booting.

BTW Check out that all of your Hardware its compatible with FreeBSD
(www.freebsd.org).

P.S. Just where does exacly hangs, or fails, does it says something like
unable to mount root, or any messages at all, it would be nice if you could
put in here those messages, that Im sure that at least you get one.

Have Fun...
Ales