Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:24:07 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USE_BDB inconsistency

On Jan 31, 2006, at 8:21 AM, Stijn Hoop wrote:

> I ran into this today. At the very least create a WITH_BDB=42+ instead
> of the USE_BDB=42+ that it is now, because I'm still not sure that I
> should set a USE_* variable myself; I think this is the only one for
> which that is allowed.

There are several ports that already use a "WITH_BDB_VERSION=NN"
flag.  I'd like to see something like that be formalized in
bsd.database.mk too.  Right now it is up to the port author to decide
which version gets used, which is not always desirable.

And I'd *really* love to see apache apr honor that value!