Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:44:01 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: periodically save current time to time-of-day hardware

Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua> writes:
> What do you think about the following patch or something similar?

I've wondered for years why we didn't already do this.

> Also, I am aware that the period should be configurable (sysctl).

Why?

Although I can see an argument for a sysctl to turn it on or off.

IIRC, Linux saves the clock at shutdown, and every 11 minutes if and
only if the system clock is synchronized to an external reference.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no