Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:26:03 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        vallo@matti.ee
Cc:        Xenofon <adepali@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for greek

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 10:57:29AM +0200, Vallo Kallaste wrote:

> Does it sound strange if I suggest unicode, or, to be precise,
> UTF-8? Are there any things which make ISO8859_* better suited?

Well certainly, utf8 is certainly a much preferred solution to the
general problem of displaying and writing in one's native language.

I just haven't found the time to research the matter of utf8 fonts that
include the Greek glyphs for displaying greek text on one's X11 display.
Duplicating the efforts of others in this area would be a terrible waste
of resources, and I do not have the expertise to build my own utf8
fonts.

Glad you mentioned it, though, since it's in the top20 of my huge
TODO-list to find out how utf8 and Greek can "live" together under X11.

- giorgos