Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:03:40 +0200
From:      Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg 7.3 font rendering problem

--Boundary-00=_ckP+G+gKPupYZSQ

Hello list,

I've just upgraded to xorg 7.3 and after the obligatory rewriting of the
config file it all seems to work pretty well, except for one problem: font
rendering. In all X applications, the fonts don't render well; it looks as if
the text is moved to the right of where it should be and the space left over
filled with the text cut off on the right. I've added a small snapshot to
clarify (the first filename, for example, should be CHANGES_AND_HINTS.TXT).

Strangely enough, as you can see by the window title, anti-aliased fonts are
not affected.

I tried a portupgrade -fR xorg, but that didn't help. I'm using FreeBSD
6.2-STABLE (kernel & userland of August 20) on an i386 architecture.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

  Jaap Boender

--Boundary-00=_ckP+G+gKPupYZSQ--