Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:57:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: developing device drivers

Bill Paul wrote:

> I second this. If you look in /usr/share/examples, you'll find a
> couple of sample LKMs written by Terry Lambert. I hijacked the syscall
> example from here and used it a lot to experiment with the XL driver.

I'd really like to write drivers (for ISA cards) as LKM modules, but so
far i don't know how to assign 1) the IRQ, 2) the iobase and 3) the membase
( and perhaps flags and spl) to the LKM at module load time.

Did i miss something ?

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
  A duck is like a bicycle because they both have two wheels except the duck