Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:32:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        fcash@ocis.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possibility for FreeBSD 4.11 Extended Support

In message: <200612221106.59985.fcash@ocis.net>
            Freddie Cash <fcash@ocis.net> writes:
: On Friday 22 December 2006 08:09 am, Helge.Oldach@atosorigin.com wrote:
: > Pete French <> wrote on Friday, December 22, 2006 2:44 PM:
: > Frankly, I can't follow the argument that 6.x is "unstable". After all,
: > it's named 6-STABLE for a reason. I'd say from experience that the
: Not for the reason you think.  -STABLE in FreeBSD means API/ABI stability,
: not necessarily system stability.  It's a promise that a binary compiled
: on 6.0-RELEASE will run on 6.32-RELEASE without needing to recompile it
: (with very few exceptions).

It also means system stability.

Warner