Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:41:37 +0900
From:      Tomoaki NISHIYAMA <tomoaki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp
Cc:        tomoaki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

From: NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:53:44 +0900

y-nakaga> > I don't.  You do.
y-nakaga>
y-nakaga> You are miss-understanding.
Now, we are in agreement that an ISA PCIC is an ISA device
and that a PCI PCIC is a PCI device.
That is good enough and it's no use to discuss about
who is responsible for the misunderstanding.

We should go to the next major difference between new-bus and newconfig.
As far as I understand, new-bus strategy is to put all the information
of connection between bus and devices in individual device drivers,
while newconfig strategy is to put the information in a file outside
the kernel. Both are to put information of bus-device connection
outside the kernel. The difference is where to put it.
The reason why newconfig will put the information in a file
is to make the user-configuration easier.
The reason of new-bus to put the information in individual driver
is to make it easier to load the module dynamic.
Is this recognition right? I would like to hear from both sides.
--------
Tomoaki Nishiyama
  e-mail:tomoaki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
         Department of Biological Sciences,
Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo