Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 12:04:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   can't start xserver

I've got my pc running freebsd release 2.2.5...

I'm trying to use the XFree86 windowsmanager.

I've run xf86config.

I've got the folowing error message when i try to run XF86Setup:

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61

When I run xstart:

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61

waiting for Xserverto begin accepting connections .

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: fail to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: SocketCreateListenerf() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListener: failed to create listener for tcp

Fatal server error:
Failed to establish all listening sockets

when reporting server crash[...]

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
giving up.

xinit: Connection refused (errno 61): unable to connect  to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): server error.

I don't know what to do next!

|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |