Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 05:47:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
To:        Mars Trading <marstrade@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: atapci VIA 82C596B UDMA66 controller: problem for 5.X ?

--- Mars Trading <marstrade@gmail.com> wrote:

> This idea may seem useless but what have you got to
> lose?
>
> Have you tried changing bios setting for hard drive
> mode to "auto" or
> something other than "LBA"?  Maybe "LARGE" or "CHS"?

Is there a risk that I lose all data on my disk, when
changing this in the BIOS?

BTW: During the fresh FreeBSD install, I have never
encountered a choice for formatting with or without
LBA. In the Fdisk window, I choose 'use entire disk
for FreeBSD', and in the partition window I have set
'newfs' for all partitions.

Thanks,
Rob.