Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:11:50 -0400
From:      Matt Gostick <matt@virtualservice.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cvsup

Jackson Donadel wrote:

> Hello
>
> I had installed fbsd4 from a iso file downloaded from ftp7.freebsd.org, ok
> no packages, only srcs and binaries
>
> then i need more this i made a cvsup from cvsup.internat.freebsd.org, i get
> all srcs
> then make world, 4 hours after, make world terminated

I had errors when I cvsuped last week too for some reason... something
about lptio.h missing of somthing like that.  Anyway.  Try cvsupping
again and you should have better luck.  I haven't tried yet.. but I'm
sure the problem is fixed.

> the i do a make in the kernel
> all right, spends a lot of time too, but
> ps, top donB4t work, acuses a error, something with /proc.
>
> i think this only occur when coming from 3.4, not from 4.0-release to
> 4.0-stable

You were unsuccessful in building world... but still decided to use a
new kernel? perhaps that's your problem (I'm no expert).

> what can i do?

I would try and build world again.

Matt Gostick <matt@virtualservice.com>