Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 12:47:44 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   can anyone confirm my NFS/VM problem?

I have created a test case to repeat that weird NFS/VM problem I
have here with a physics production program - the exposed bug is
really a showstopper for our production and I'm not sure if it is
not also in 2.2.1R.
(Don't know if Doug is already going to deal with this group
of NFS/VM/MMAP problems). Anyway, to assure it is really a
repeatable problem independent of some local peculiarity here
at my site, I'm seeking for someone with the following
configuration:

Runs 3.0-current
has a NFS server
and a NFS client
has 30 MB free space on the server
and time to download and run the test case (6MB tar.gz file)

e.g. have /home on the server
on client:
mount server:/home /home

run the test case sitting in the directory tree /home on the client.

After the binary has been linked and is run the first time, it produces
a Bus error.

Running it a second time yields normal program behaviour.

I'm also running NIS/YP but I don't believe it plays a role here.
(one never knows though)

the test case can be found at

ftp://ftp.de.freebsd.org/incoming/Disent.tar.gz