Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 21:10:30 +0100 (GMT+0100)
From:      af@biomath.jussieu.fr (Alain FAUCONNET)
To:        frank@mercynet.edu (Frank Arauz)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Send Mail (XTND XMIT)

Frank Arauz wrote / a ecrit:

>         Hi guys, I am sorry to bother you again.
>
> My question before was about using passwords to send mail.
>
>         I made some changes to Eudora.ini file, and now when I click
> on Send, it asks me to enter a password for my account but:
>
>         After I enter the password and press enter, I got the message
>
> There has been an error transferring your mail,
>         I said XTND XMIT
>
> and the POP server [arauzf@mercynet.edu] said
>         ERR unable to create temporary message "/var"

Normally the pop server creates temporary copies of the  mailboxes  in
the spool directory. I think they're called .pop.joe for user "joe".
It seems that instead of creating /var/mail/.pop.joe, your pop  daemon
is attempting to create /var !
Something must be really bad in its configuration. Don't  tell  me  it
works from other pop clients, does it ?
Did you build it from sources ?

_Alain_
--
Alain FAUCONNET    Ingenieur systeme - System Manager     AP-HP/SIM
Public Health                91 bld de l'Hopital 75013 PARIS FRANCE