Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 01:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@Freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: OpenSSH 2.1.0 merge

Hi all,

I've just merged the OpenSSH 2.1.0 code from -current into 4.0-STABLE on
freefall and internat - I hope I've committed all of the relevant changes,
but I won't know until my buildworld finishes (I'll check in the morning).
In the meantime, if world is broken then you know why and it will be only
temporary - please bear with me.

The major new feature of OpenSSH 2.x is support for the SSH2 protocol and
DSA keys, freeing it from the dependency on RSAREF for USA people. It
interoperates well with the ssh2 port and other SSH2 clients/servers - see
www.openssh.com for more interop details. Another new feature is support
for OPIE passwords in SSH1 mode.

Missing from OpenSSH 2.1.0 is support for OPIE and Kerberos in SSH2 mode,
which will be hopefully added later.

For more information on how to use OpenSSH 2.1, see the manpages, the file
/usr/src/crypto/openssh/README.openssh2 and www.openssh.com. Server DSA
key generation is automatic the next time you boot with sshd_enable=YES in
rc.conf, or you can do it by hand (see the above README).

Good luck!

Kris