Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 09:13:41 -0500
From:      "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   timed vs. xntpd

We have a router that is synchronized to the US Naval Observatory timeclock
via NTP. We would like to have our FreeBSD systems in turn synchronize to
our router.

Upon looking into FreeBSD's support for NPT, I came across the docs for
timed. It appears to me that timed and xntpd are basically equivalents (you
can use one or the other but not both).

Is this correct? I know the router supports ntp, but probably not timed
(it's a
cisco 2514 enterprise). Any help is most appreciated! Please respond to
this
email directly as I'm not on the questions list.

Jay West (jlwest@tseinc.com)

Thanks!!