Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:22:47 +0800
From:      Shaun Dwyer <sldwyer@bigpond.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        tdwyer@bigpond.com
Subject:   LCD driver port (Linux -> FreeBSD) needed for car-mp3 player

Hi everyone..

I have a PC in the boot of my car running Linux (yuck!!!!) to play mp3s.
I would love to use FreeBSD instead of Linux for many reasons.
The only thing stopping me using FreeBSD is the lack of a driver in the
style
implemented for Linux (provides a /dev/lcd that u just throw data at).

The reason I need this driver to be ported is so I can use Cajun
(cajun.sourceforge.net)
with little or no modifications on FreeBSD.

If I knew C, i would port the driver myself, and If i knew perl, I would
mod
cajun to use  /usr/share/examples/ppi/ppilcd.c's stuff.

The linux driver is available at:
http://www4.infi.net/~cpinkham/cajun/code/lcd-0.2c.tar.gz

If you want to see some photos and a bit of a description of my mp3
player, goto
http://members.nbci.com/mp3zeus/

BTW, please email me directly, as I am not subscribed to the mailing
list.

Thanks in advance,

Shaun