Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:14:42 +0300
From:      Ivan Klymenko <fidaj@ukr.net>
To:        Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, danfe@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: nvidia-driver 256.35 released

=D0=92 Tue, 22 Jun 2010 21:35:11 +0200
Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt@FreeBSD.org> =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:

> Nvidia released version 256.35 of their FreeBSD driver today:
>=20
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd-x86-256.35-driver.html
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd-x64-256.35-driver.html
>=20
> I just compiled the the 64bit version on 8.1-RC1 and watched a few
> youtube videos, ran glxgears and played games/nexuiz for a few minutes
> w/o any issues.
>=20
> If you want to test the new driver, just bump PORTVERSION of
> x11/nvidia-driver to 256.35 and run "make makesum".
>=20
> Emanuel
>=20
>=20

Hi!

I use this version drivers from the moment they appear on this resource:
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/FreeBSD-x86_64/256.35/

in this case I have problems with global locks.

I use compiz and system is freeze for a few seconds the mouse
cursor and screen...

I returned back to the driver version 195.36.24

uname -a
FreeBSD nonamehost 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0: Tue Jun 22
22:27:15 EEST 2010     ivan@nonamehost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/mk9  amd64

nvidia0: <GeForce 8400M GS> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
nvidia0: [ITHREAD]