Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:34:57 -0500
From:      "Chuck Rock" <carock@epconline.net>
To:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Closing TCP ports

Closing ports that have daemon's running on them to certain clients, or
closing ports that netstat -an show as closed or closed_wait?

If it's the second, I'd like to know as well, we have some servers that have
about 170 ports show in the netstat -an output as closed or closed_wait

If there's no daemon or process listed in inetd listening on a port, there's
no need to "close" it.

Chuck