Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:41:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-user@netscum.dk, usenet@tdk.net
Subject:   Re: your mail

David O'Brien <obrien@freebsd.org> types:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 08:06:14AM +0100, News User wrote:
> > I'm building news machines with two partitions for OSen, to allow
> > me to boot into my choice, where my choice has been FreeBSD-STABLE
> > or FreeBSD-CURRENT to see how the two compare, and if there are any
> > significant improvements in -CURRENT.
> >
> > I know, ``don't do that'' but hey...
> Except for stupidity in libdisk(I believe) and thus sysinstall, there is
> no, none, zero reason why one cannot have two installations of FreeBSD in
> two different slices on the same disk.

Hmm - what's the stupidity? I have a test machine running both
-current and -stable (and NetBSD-current, Solaris, Linux, and last and
least Win98), and haven't encountered any problems with it.

	<mike
--
Mike Meyer					http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Independent WWW/Unix/FreeBSD consultant,	email for rates.