Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 13:15:25 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        root@jd-unix.wpafb.af.mil (Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ummmm, HELP!!!

Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT stands accused of saying:
> 	I have recompiled FreeBSD-current and installed a few things
> I am guessing I should have NOT. I have somehow messed up /bin/ps.
> I am getting the error:
>
> 	"ps: proc size mismatch (12400 total, 592 chunks)"

ps needs to know lots about the internals of the kernel, and the two
always need to be kept in sync.  If you installed a -current kernel,
you need to build and install a -current ps.  If you installed a -current
ps, you can either install a -current kernel, or back out ps.
(If you have the CD's, grab it off the live-filesystem disc.)

> 			Jeff

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[