Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:36:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Maris <mmalic@netrover.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error code 1 after make

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Maris wrote:

> hellow good sirs!
>
> i've just got done trying to compile my own (first) kernal
>
> after i finished editing the original (default) good working
> kernel i did this:
>
> /usr/sbin/config MARISKERNEL  <--- seemed to go well
> cd ../../compile/MARISKERNEL
> make depend   <--- seemed to go well
> make   <-------------------------------------------did not seem to go
> well..got the message
>
> Error code 1

I just did a new freebsd install and somehow forgot to specify the
addr/irq for my network card and had to rebuild a kernel.

In going through my kernel config and commenting out and adding a few
things in I missed commenting out a reference to cd0 so when it was
acutally making the kernel it stopped with an error code 1. I'm not sure
what cd0 is but I'm assuming that it has to do with scsi cd's and I
commented out *all* of the scsi stuff.

something you may have forgottten to comment out.

Keith.