Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 00:21:18 +0530
From:      "Sandy" <fuhrer6mill@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel difficulties

hello there,
i have an amd k-6-2 processor..a ess1868 sound card..als120 on board pnp
sound card (which is recognised by FreeBsd)a SiS-5597 vga card..
i recently bought freebsd3.4..and when trying to complie the a customised
kernel..certain difficulties creeped in..hope u could help me out...
yeah ni the GENERIC kernel..i removed the scsi enteries and PCCARD enteries
and NIC enteries
and added pcm0 and pcm1 for support of my sound card..i also added certain
tcp/ip enteries dirct from LINT thats it..a also marked out CPU_TYPES 286
486 and 686 and named the indent Fuhrer
then i did config -g Fuhrer
make depend;make;make install;
and rebooted ..
i may have tweaked the enteries for about 10 times now...but always durinf
boot time ,after npx0
it goes into db> mode and some 0x58 problem comes...
i am really into trouble hope u could provide a solution..
also both of my sound cards are detected under plug and play can't i use
them straight away without including them into the kernel..
hope u could help me out..i have recently used Linux for about 2 and 1/2
years and wanted to try freebsd...
thanking u again
sandy.
delhi,india