Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2019 15:22:55 +0700
From:      Adrian Gschwend <ml-ktk@netlabs.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: u3g Sierra Wireless LTE device disconnects ppp after 2-3MB of outgoing traffic

On 03.12.19 22:50, Mike Tancsa wrote:

Mike,

> Does it ever respond to LCP Echo or LQR ?  If not, try disabling that.
> You wont have link detection, but it might be some incompatibility with
> mpd.  I use an older Sierra Wireless LTE modem on an APU and it works
> great with the built in tun/ppp combo.

thanks for the hint, strange thing is that it seems to work now,
although I did not change a thing. Last time I see the LCP error is 2
days ago and outgoing connection speed is *much* better now.

I'm still on mpd but I will consider doing plain ppp next time I run
into the issue, as you proposed.

regards

Adrian