Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:35:51 +0400
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Vanilla I. Shu" <vanilla@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "\[LoN\]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x11/ecore outdated

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:56:44 +0800
"Vanilla I. Shu" <vanilla@freebsd.org> mentioned:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 09:15:36PM +0400, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I wanted to port entrance, but it seems the ecore Snapshot in ports is too old.
> > > Is there an update to be expected?
> > I'm working on update. Will arrive soon (in a week or so).
> I have a patch-set for e-related ports, do you want to review it ?

Probably.

I've currently performed almost all updates, and working on ecore. The
update requires evas and ecore ports to be splitted (e.g.
evas-engine-x11, or ecore-con) to handle dependencies correctly, since
even now they're not fully correct (e.g. if one will disable some
features in ecore, e won't build). I also had to make some
modifications on evas to allow it to find all modules dynamically (by
default there're some static defines in code).

I'd be glad to view your patches too. BTW, I can give you access to my
hg repo if you want to work on update together.

Thanks!

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE