Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:47:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pete Weisz <pete@pw34.resnet.cornell.edu>
To:        Joseph Gleason <clash@fireduck.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: simple graphics library?

try the "netpbm" libraries (also pbmplus?). Its been around for about 10
years, compiles on anything that moves, and includes a vast array of basic
image conversion/manipulation tools. Not too hard to work with,
either. chances are its already installed if you have any fancy X11
packages on your system.

look in ports/netpbm or http://sourceforge.net/projects/netpbm/

-pete