Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 1997 19:26:17 -0400
From:      Preferred Customer <moncrg@ma.ultranet.com>
To:        "hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sysctl

I was looking at sysctl,h and kern_sysctl.c the other day and I was wondering why there where no predefined

Sysctl_short() aka CTLTYPE_SHORT or
Sysctl_char() aka CTLTYPE_CHAR (note: not string

Definitions.

It seems to me that short and char have to be at lease as worthy to be included as atomic types as quad.
Also, shouldn't there be support for octet string, as in a not necessarily print-able sequence of unsigned char (a not uncommon mib occurance)
-