Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 1996 15:37:31 -0500
From:      Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD will not see mem above 16MB but PC does.

Folks,

I have FBSD 2.1-STABLE on a Compaq Presario (has funky bios) and I've
just added another 32MB RAM.  On boot the PC saw the new memory and
autoconfiged it.  However, FBSD will only see 16MB of it.

I had a similar problem with another machine but I wanted to go over
64MB.  That required the MAXMEM parameter in the config file.  Is that
necessary in this case or is there some conflict with the Presarios and
FBSD?

Thanks,

Craig

| Craig Shrimpton                   |  e-mail: craigs@os.com             |