Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 02:53:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brad Waite <brad@ssbaptist.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More large drive install q's

Hi guys,

First off, thanks for all the suggestions so far.

The only way I've been able to get 4.0 to boot on my 40gig IDE is to NOT
dangerously dedicate the drive to FBSD.  If I do dedicate it, the install goes
fine, but it just won't boot.  I suppose the obvious answer is, "Well just
don't dangerously dedicate the drive to FBSD," but I'm curious why this is
happening.  As a side note, if fdisk creates a 'true partition entry', it
leaves about 500MB at the end o' the drive unallocated, and no matter what I
try, it won't let me add it to the slice.  Can anyone explain these issues?

Heh.  And here I thought I knew something about FBSD's dealings w/disks.  :)

-Brad