Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:05:57 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: who broke keyboards again?

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:05, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> I have a client that has several dell machines, when he boots without
> a keyboard he gets:
>
>   atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
>
> but no:
>   atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
>   kbd0 at atkbd0
>
> This used to work, then was broken by someone trying to "do the right
> thing".

I have some motherboards like that too, they've always been broken.

I deal with it by rolling a release with the flags set to force PS/2 keyboard
detection. I'd like it fixed but I don't have the clue to do so. The bit *I*
see as broken is keybaord detection. Dunno if its the same for you..

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5