Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:17:19 -0300
From:      excalibur@hub.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Blaster Live...

Hi All,

 I've got a SB Live card that has been working great under FreeBSD 4.7
since it was released, however I've got 4 speakers and a sub, but only two
speakers and the sub are engaged a the moment. How can I get the two rear
speakers to be engaged with the sound card, also I've found that I can not
adjust the volumn of the card saving using the volumn control on the
speakers themselves, here's my basic config:

 FreeBSD morpheus.dreadnet.org 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Sun Oct
20 12:26:38 ADT 2002

morpheus# dmesg | grep pcm
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> port 0xe400-0xe41f irq 10 at device 11.0 on pci0

morpheus# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0xe400 irq 10 (4p/2r/0v channels duplex)

morpheus# /usr/sbin/mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  12:12
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  25:25
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  12:12
Mixer line     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to   0:0
Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line1    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer video    is currently set to   0:0

Can anyone help me out?