Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 11:09:00 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting from wd2 fails...

Hi!

I have two EIDE disks, one with Win95 on it as the master of the primary
controller, and the other, for BSD as a master on the secondary
controller. I've installed BootEasy on both disks, and it lets me boot
the kernel from wd2, but when it's time for it to mount the root
filesystem, it looks for it on wd1 (the primary controller's slave), and
since there is no such thing, it panics.

I tried the -a and -r switches on the boot prompt, none of them made any
difference.

As the boot prompt imples the defaults are wd(1,a)/kernel, I also tried
booting from wd(2,a)/kernel, but it didn't like it (didn't fine anything
there, just got "Error: C=0; H=0; S=0").

Does boot gets wd1 and wd2 confused?
What should I do?

Thanks,
Nadav