Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
Cc:        Patrick Hyland <pbh@iafrica.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reference: Unix in 20-30 years

On 26-Jun-98 ML Duke wrote:

> Interesting. Your comments focused entirely upon the unimportant part
> of the issue raised. Is it possibly you missed it?

No, the fact is that I personally am unconcerned with Y2K issues as of yet.  I'm
not a business, I'm a home user, and I don't even run any software I know of
that would be affected (and I don't program in C at the current time, either).
The worst that's gonna happen is that my Email will be dated 1900.  Big deal, so
anyone with cerebrospinal fluid where their brain is supposed to be might think
it's 1900.  Maybe they'll go looking for Thomas Edison for light bulbs instead
of going to the supermarket.

> The point is, think Y2K and visit:
>
> http://www.garynorth.com

Maybe I'll take the time around November, 1999.  Right now, I'm not interested.
Others probably should be though.

E-Mail: Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>