Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:02:08 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ifconfig aliasing

<<On Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:57:32 +0100 (BST), Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk> said:

> This doesn't work for me. At start up I do a bunch of aliases to de0. All
> these work, because I can ping them, traceroute to them, and other
> machines on the network can talk to them, but 'ifconfig -a' just shows:

> 'de0' has 1 primary address (.51) and 5 aliases assigned to it.

> Perhaps it's dependent on the driver being used?

Actually, I think it's simpler than that.  You are using 2.1 or
-stable.  The code that knows how to retrieve and print all of the
addresses wasn't added until after the 2.1 branch.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.