Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:29:40 EDT
From:      Bsdguru@aol.com
To:        rh@matriplex.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

In a message dated 7/7/01 6:52:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rh@matriplex.com
writes:

> But as far as "added-value" goes, why wouldn't minimum cost be an
>  added value to a potential customer?  I think that the companies
>  like Cheapbytes serve a social purpose in this regard.

If theres one thing that non-unix people have learned about unix is that the
"cost" of the product is insignificant compared to the value of time in
getting it to function. Its already free to anyone who knows what they are
doing. A "distribution" has to add value by cutting the time to usefulness.

Bryan