Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 1997 14:59:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   QIC-80 Floppy Tapes

Hi! I want to set up my Conner QIC-80 floppy tape with FreeBSD. I see it
detected on startup. I did a MAKEDEV ft0 and came up with these files:

ft0     ft0a    rft0    rft0a

If I understand correctly, the rft* are the ones that rewind after every
operation, and the ft* ones aren't. When I'm using tar or mt to perform backups
rewinds or other such operations, would I use *0 or *0a?

Sorry about this week's f..l..o..w of questions :) I will try to make this one
of my last, after upgrading to 2.2-stable anyway :)