Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:50:34 -0500
From:      blanders@studioarchetype.com (Brian Landers)
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems building 3.1-stable

I'm currently unable to build 3.1-stable. My system:

Compaq Prosignia 720, P2/400, 128MB, 9.1GB, 3.1-RELEASE

I used CVSup yesterday evening to get the 3.1-stable source tree,
followed the instructions in the tutorial, then ran 'make buildworld'
from /usr/src. It runs for a while, then dies with a bunch of "Error
code 1" and "Error code 2" messages while building Perl (I think).
Looking through the build logs shows several instances of "Makefile out
of date with respect to foo". I also see the messages below:

Writing Makefile for foo
==> Your Makefile has been rebuilt. <==
==> Please rerun the make command.  <==
false
false: not found

Can anyone help with this? I have long experience with Linux, but almost
none with FreeBSD so I'm a bit of a newbie I suppose.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Landers

 Brian Landers, MCP                   S T U D I O   A R C H E T Y P E
 Systems Exorcist                    Atlanta  New York  San Francisco
 blanders@studioarchetype.com          http://www.studioarchetype.com

              For PGP public key, use finger or just ask