Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 00:57:54 +800
From:      "Adrian Chew" <adrchew@pop.jaring.my>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: for you guys.. earlyer.

Trencher wrote...

>         and another i have my modem on com4 and when installing it won't set
> it         up for com4(modem wise), and i really don't want to take my modem
> out           and change the hd controller( it becomes a annoying task! ).

You might have to...  the install kernel looks for sio3 (com4)
on IRQ 9 I think, while under DOS you'd usually have it as
IRQ 3.  Otherwise, recompile the kernel and set it to look at
IRQ 3 (and under FreeBSD it seems each com port needs
its own interrupt setting, so make sure all are different).

Hope that helps.

---
Adrian Chew                         Email->adrchew@pop.jaring.my
Alternate Dimensions                Figure Skating World
"Cutting Edge Web Designs"          "Your Online Skating Source"
http://turnpike.net/~adweb          http://turnpike.net/~adweb/fsw
http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/htbin/pks-extract-key.pl?op=get&search=0xD384F34